About Me

My photo
Brooklyn, New York, United States
Im Quinton Cofield..just call me Q., Im from Brooklyn, NY and I attend LaGuardia Community College. The school isnt much but..hey..who actually like school. Anyway, I like to sketch, I used to be good at it but i took a break (had one of those "Dry Periods") now I'm trying to get back to it. You people dont know me and some of you wont for a while but, TRUST ME, you know me at the end.....PEACE

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Week 3

This week we have to examine the words "play", "game", and "simulation", explain in our own words and how do they relate to one another. When I think of the word "play", i think of just innocent fun, nothing that would affect somebody in a negative way and shouldn't cause any harm. Simply from thinking of the word "play", i think of the word "game", simply because they are to be played. Games are activity played or done for amusement, from my experience in games, when i hear the word game, I automatically think of modern gaming such as Xbox and PlayStation. Thinking of how I played games growing up and today, games aren't real, they're just a simulation, you can imagine that you are a character within the game. All these words are connected because when you think of one, you automatically think of the other two. All of these words would provide a child with long term entertainment, gives them a chance to live a differnt life for a short period of time, as long as they play the game, their life is a simulation of an alternate character. But with adults, playing games may provide a different result. For a adult to play a game, it would be to get away from the life that they live for a temporary period of time, they want to live a different life so they can get away from their own.

No comments: